08 March 2009

Fruit Basket.

I bought my first mango of the season yesterday from the phal-wallah who wanders around Neeti Bagh. It was the most delicious mango I've ever eaten, and they're only going to get better between now and May!

I love being able to eat fresh fruit here. Pomegranate season is coming to an end, but up until now there have been pomegranates in every market and on every fruit cart on the side of the road. (I'm eating some pomegranate seeds as I'm writing this, which is kind of what inspired the post to begin with.) I eat papaya and melon every day in fruit salad at breakfast or dinner, and there have even been strawberries floating around recently. On the trip to Ajanta and Ellora I bought guavas, three for rs. 10. That's approximately twenty cents for three pieces of fruit. Which makes me really happy. I can't imagine what it must be like living in southern India around now...I'm here in the north and we have all these different kinds of awesome fruit.

End ramblings about fruit. Just wanted to share my excitement. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment