04 March 2009

Punch, Thug, Loot, Pajama...

...all were stolen from Hindi. Your trivia for the day.

But to make it more relevant, I am currently sitting in my pajamas working on a paper for microeconomics, thinking about becoming a thug and doing some looting this summer to finance further world travels, and I drank some punch this morning at breakfast. (That last bit isn't quite true - I drank a juice of mixed fruit, but it was pre-made by Tropicana, not called punch, and probably didn't have the traditional panch [five] ingredients of the original punch. But it almost works.)

In other news, today three of my friends and I were chased by a snaggle-toothed, gray-haired, bent-backed auto-wallah who was angry we didn't give him more money. We got in after him agreeing to the price by meter plus rs. 10 for the extra person (for more than three people, 10 extra is standard, though some try to convince us to pay more). Upon arrival in Nizamuddin, however, he wanted an additional thirty (which is outrageous, since the distance only cost rs. 35). He got out of the auto and was yelling at us, but I just gave him what we owed as per our agreement, and we walked across the street to the Centre. He jumped back in his auto, drove into the parking lot, then chased us inside the building. We ran up the stairs to enlist the help of Reeta or Pramod (the office assistant who doubles as our bodyguard), and I guess he either gave up or someone yelled at him before he got up the stairs. He looked like a cartoon villain, though, which made the whole thing hilarious.

That is all. Back to my paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment